In 2018 from January on together we will reinvent the space formerly known as Media Library as WdKA's new Research Station.
The Research Station’s purpose is to encourage applied research – research shaped by a complex mixture of speculative thinking, studying theories, experimenting and reflecting. It is a place for sharing your research ideas, a place for intervision, debating and presenting. This is where research is presented in the form of publications, documents and exhibitions of best practices.
The Research Station aspires:
- To be a connective hub where people share knowledge with people who are eager for knowledge.
- To be a place where visual research is made visible.
In the Research Station you can:
- Develop basic research skills: find information, explore and investigate, write and read assignments, and formulate research questions using visual sources.
- Develop research skills relevant to your own context, for example observational and interviewing techniques.
- Familiarise yourself with methods of design research and artistic research, such as prototyping, culture probing and data mapping.
- Learn the research skills necessary for reflecting upon your work.
By consequence the Research Station connects the various locations, persons and education levels that are related to research.