RASL is a platform where the art and science, students and educators, education and research all come together.
Are you artistically or musically talented, and at the same time thirsty for academic knowledge? Now you can choose between different complementary, in-depth, and artistic interdisciplinary study paths. The Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), the Willem de Kooning Academy (WdKA) and Codarts University for the Arts offer you the possibility to combine theory and practice within a five-year Dual Degree programme (300 ECTS). Students completing the RASL programme obtain two bachelor degrees: one from the EUR (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) and one from Codarts or the WdKA (Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Arts).
The RASL programme offers you the opportunity to develop your knowledge on an academic level while also developing your artistic skills. After graduating from this programme, you will have acquired the skills necessary to address complex and multidimensional challenges by approaching issues from different angles. In addition, your artistic practices will benefit from your theoretical knowledge of the arts, media and culture – and vice versa: your theoretical work will be fuelled by your experience as an artist.
The RASL Dual Degree provides two study tracks for WdKA students:
- WdKA (all bachelors except Leisure Management and Fine Art & Design Teacher Training) – International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies (EUR). View the short description of this five years' Dual Degree programme and its Roadmap.
- Bachelor of Design or Fine Art (all bachelors except Leisure Management and Fine Art & Design Teacher Training) – Liberal Arts & Culture, Erasmus University College (EUR). View the short description of this five years' Dual Degree programme and its Roadmap.
As a Dual Degree student, you will have to apply to both institutes of your choice. Please note that each institute has its own specific application requirements. For more information, please consult their respective websites:
- Willem de Kooning Academy
- International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies (EUR)
- Liberal Arts & Culture, Erasmus University College (EUR)
Deadline WdKA: EU May 1, Non-EU March 1
Deadline EUC: EU & Non-EU April 15
Deadline IBACS: EU May 1, Non-EU April 1
As a Dual Degree student, you will have to apply to both institutes of your choice. Please note that each institute has its own specific application requirements. For more information, please consult the websites of WdKA and EUR. Please keep in mind that the number of student places within this programme is limited. Make sure you apply in time.
1. Register online at www.studielink.nl for both programmes.
2. Submit a complete application on the WdKA website before May 1, 2021.
3. If you are admitted to both programmes, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, informing us that you have been admitted to both programmes.
4. You will receive an invitation for an interview with one or two of the RASL Dual Degree coordinators. This is not an admissions interview, but rather a meeting to get to know each other and to explain the way the Double Degree programme works.
You will only have to pay a single tuition fee (for one programme only); however, the tuition fee is dependent on the combination of studies. If you
register for a Dual Degree with IBACS, the standard Dutch tuition fee is charged. If you register for a Dual Degree with EUC, you will be charged EUC’s yearly tuition fee for the full length of the programme. For more information on current tuition fees, please visit rasl.nu/education/tuition-fee/
Rotterdam Arts & Sciences Lab
The Dual Degree is organised by the Rotterdam Arts & Sciences Lab (RASL). Its mission is to strengthen Rotterdam’s artistic profile by bringing together artistic and scientific practices in relation to societal challenges; to foster artistic practices and to expand professional networks in Rotterdam and beyond.
The RASL is a platform where the arts and sciences, students and educators, education and research all come together. The RASL provides opportunities for experimentation and encourages new forms of collaboration. The Rotterdam Arts & Sciences Lab consists of three programme lines: Dual Degree, Innovative Interdisciplinary Research, and Creative Learning.