Give your preparation a final boost!
The individual educational coaching is provided in Dutch or English.
All the communal lectures design and study advice sessions, are in English.
9 Wednesday evenings 18:00 - 21:30 h. (UTC +1)
Takes place once per year
- Two introduction evenings with three introductory assignments
- Learn how to work process-wise and develop better ideas.
- Developing a strong portfolio
- Preparation for the remote admission
- One appetizers Art & Design
- Orientation on the WdKA’s professional specializations (majors)
- Practical assignments within a professional specialization
- Five short assignments to prepare yourself for the admission
- An online tour through the stations, the WdKA
- Three study advice / information sessions
- Portfolio advice consultation
Investment: € 450,- not including dummy and materials
You are curious and have an open attitude. You have already built up a portfolio and you know which specialization (major) you are interested in. You know what you want. You want to convince everyone off your talent but you are not quit sure yet..In our Online Course S in nine Wednesday evenings, you learn how to work process-wise and develop better ideas.
Discover how your own areas of interest can lead you to creative solutions. Learn to reflect upon your own work, develop a self-critical attitude, and make your best work ever, which you will assemble into a convincing portfolio. Be thoroughly prepared for the remote admission. Learn how to provide others an understanding of your creative process using a ‘dummy’ and visual research. Practice your presentation skills during a portfolio advice consultation. The Online Course S by no means constitutes a guarantee of admission, but it offers you the opportunity to prepare yourself for the admission, a final boost in a short time.
What will you be learning during the ONLINE Course S?
The first day of the course begins with an introduction about the structure of the course. You continue to work on two introductory assignments to get to know each other. You will then further develop your own (visual) areas of interest through self-elected assignments based on your own previous work. Already here you will be choosing your professional specialization: the major. The study advice / information sessions will help you to make the right choice. The emphasis during the first part of the course is on short exercises, assignments and creative strategies, which will help you arrive at high-quality, original visual solutions. Idea development, the visual process plays a key role in this regard. How can you further develop and implement your ideas using a variety of creative methods? You will be conducting visual research focusing on your own areas of interest.
Technical skills in this context are considered to be a means rather than a goal. The focus is on learning by doing. The practical lessons are supplemented with appetizers art & design with short workshops. You will be introduced to contemporary artists and designers, who can serve as inspiration for your own ideas and your own work. You will be compiling an image bank to facilitate your own work. During the final series of lessons, you will be finishing your practical assignments within the major of your choice. Here you will be applying everything you have encountered and learned during the first part of the course. In the meantime, you will also be assembling your portfolio. A portfolio advice session concludes the online course S. The remote admission procedure takes place separately from these lessons. It is your own responsibility to register for the admission procedure.
Materials list; (suggestions)
- Computer / laptop
- Paper (120 gr), dummy, glue, tracing paper, cardboard, rib cardboard, model cardboard, iron wire, fabric, scrap
- Drawing / painting material: pencil, crayons, felt-tip pens, wasco, indian ink, charcoal, ecoline, acrylic- gouache- or watercolor, pencil, brushes,
- Magazines, newspapers, ice lolly sticks, straws, fimo clay
Useful link: Portfolio-checklist
Give your preparation a final boost