Intense development in 9 days!
The individual educational coaching is provided in Dutch or English.
All the communal lectures design and study advice sessions, are in English.
9 Saturdays, 10:00 - 16:00 h. (UTC+ 1h.)
- An introduction day with playful introductory assignments
- Learn how to work process-wise and develop better ideas.
- Develop a strong portfolio
- Preparation for the remote admission
- Two appetizers Art & Design
- Brief orientation on the WdKA’s professional specializations (majors)
- Practical assignments within a professional specialization
- Six short assignments to prepare yourself for the admission
- Online tour through the stations, the WdKA
- Four study advice / information sessions
- Portfolio advice consultation
Investment: € 650,- not including dummy and materials
Explore your talents during the Online Course L, which takes place during nine Saturdays. You are curious and you have an open attitude. Gain a clearer understanding of the WdKA and the structure of the curriculum experience the teaching methods and the various professional specializations. Work on developing a persuading portfolio.
Let our experienced tutors help you make the right choice. Sink your teeth into introductory assignments. Learn how to work process-wise and to develop better ideas. Broaden your frame of reference through two appetizers Art & Design. Discover how your own areas of interest can lead you to creative solutions. Learn to reflect upon your own work, develop a self-critical attitude, and make your best work ever, which you will assemble into a convincing portfolio. Be thoroughly prepared for the remote admission. Learn how to provide others an understanding of your creative process using a ‘dummy’ and visual research. Practice your presentation skills during a portfolio advice consultation. The Online Course L by no means constitutes a guarantee of admission, but it offers you a valuable experience and provides you a superb opportunity to develop, prepare yourself for the Academy, the admission and expand your portfolio.
What will you be learning during the ONLINE Course L?
The first day of the Online Course L begins with a introduction assignment and an introduction about the structure of the course. You continue with introductory assignments to get to know each other. You will then further develop your own (visual) areas of interest through self-elected assignments based on your own previous work. Already here you will be choosing your professional specialization: the major. The study advice / information sessions will help you to make the right choice. The emphasis during the first part of the course is on short exercises, assignments and creative strategies, which will help you arrive at high-quality, original visual solutions. Idea development, the visual process plays a key role in this regard. How can you further develop and implement your ideas using a variety of creative methods? You will be conducting visual research focusing on your own areas of interest.
Technology in this context is seen as a means rather than a goal. The focus is on learning by doing. The practical lessons are supplemented with appetizers Art & Design and short workshops. You will be introduced to contemporary artists and designers, who can serve as inspiration for your own ideas and your own work. You will be compiling an image bank to facilitate your own work. During the final series of lessons, you will be finishing your practical assignments within the major of your choice. Here you will be applying everything you have encountered and learned during the first part of the course. In the meantime, you will also be assembling your portfolio. A portfolio advice session concludes the Online Course L. The remote admission procedure takes place separately from these lessons. It is your own responsibility to register for the admission procedure.
Materials list: (suggestions)
- Computer / laptop, we will use Teams for this online course
- Paper (120 gr), dummy, glue, tracing paper, cardboard, rib cardboard, model cardboard, iron wire, fabric, scrap
- Drawing / painting material: pencil, crayons, felt-tip pens, wasco, indian ink, charcoal, ecoline, acrylic- gouache- or watercolor, pencil, brushes,
- Magazines, newspapers, ice lolly sticks, straws, fimo clay
Useful link: Schedule Online Course L
Position yourself firmly!