The Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (WdKA/RUAS), offers a variety of bachelor and master programmes in the field of visual culture, art, design, education in arts, and leisure management.
The curriculum of the Willem de Kooning Academy is founded in an interdisciplinary ethos through the Autonomous, Social and Commercial Practices. The Majors are the entry point of study for all Bachelor students; the Practices are the interdisciplinary research contexts in the second half of the Bachelor programs; and the highly unique Stations (advanced workshops focused on Research through Making) complete the three pillars of the institute. It is our mission to help our students become the artistic professionals that will respond to tomorrow’s world with a critical vision, energy, and care.
The WdKA is committed to create an inclusive educational culture. We aim to educate students who will become a new generation of artists and designers that shape an equitable and sustainable future through their capacity of creating collaborative and transformative practices.
At the moment we are looking for:
Internal Communication Specialist (0,5 fte)
Deadline for applications: September 19, 2021
Team Communication at the Willem de Kooning Academy is seeking to hire an Internal Communication Specialist (0,5 fte) that will contribute to the structuring and improving of the internal communications at the academy. Your goal is to identify communication needs in the organisation and improve communication processes. Your work contributes to an internal communications strategy, which is closely linked to developments in the organisation. You are also responsible for (advice on) internal community updates, supporting/initiating community events and publishing information on the internal platform mywdka.nl. In this role you will collaborate with your team members, management, (IT) staff/Education Station, and students.
In this position, you will:
- Identify and structure internal communication flows throughout the academy
- Contribute to the development of an internal communication strategy
- Advice on new ways and channels of internal communication and community events
- Write internal community updates while making use of inclusive language
- Update our internal website with accurate information
- Build relationships within the community and track projects for internal communication exposure
- Work closely with the in-house journalist and other team members
What are the requirements for this position?
- You are a self-starter and have the skills to identify opportunities in our internal communication
- You have a background in internal communication positions and the skills to organise information
- You have writing and editing skills (Dutch and English) and are versed in inclusive language
- You are familiar with process descriptions and information architecture
- You have an affinity with the international population of creative young talent
- You are outgoing and know how to find your way in a dynamic work environment
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communication/media, cultural management or a related level of education
- EU/ECC work authorization
Candidates who belong to historically marginalised groups and who feel they can contribute to our diverse community are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences offers a temporary contract, initially for the duration of the academic year 2021/2022 with the possibility of extension. The salary ranges from € 2.845,48 to € 3.920,50 gross per month (salary scale 9) for a full-time employment, exclusive of additional 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Secondary benefits include professional training opportunities and an attractive pension scheme.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
WdKA likes to invest in motivated and well-trained employees. Working at WdKA means that you can use time and facilities (via unlimited access to our Stations) for professionalisation.
You may avail of a Hogeschool Rotterdam discount on your healthcare via Achmea and participate in a solid pension scheme.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences works with a limited travel reimbursement that covers your travel expenses in accordance with our CAO (maximum of 20km).
The selection procedure will take place in two phases. A short list of applicants will be drawn based on CV and letter of motivation, followed by interviews in week 39, final round on 30 September.
All documents should be written in English.
Deadline for applications: September 19, 2021
Informal enquiries about the position can be directed to Nienke van Beers (interim team leader Communication) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31(0)6 48460546.