The Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (WdKA/RUAS), offers a variety of bachelor and master programmes in the field of visual culture, art, design, education in arts, and leisure management.
The curriculum of the Willem de Kooning Academy is founded in an interdisciplinary ethos through the Autonomous, Social and Commercial Practices. The Majors are the entry point of study for all Bachelor students; the Practices are the interdisciplinary research contexts in the second half of the Bachelor programs; and the highly unique Stations (advanced workshops focused on Research through Making) complete the three pillars of the institute. It is our mission to help our students become the artistic professionals that will respond to tomorrow’s world with a critical vision, energy, and care.
The WdKA is committed to create an inclusive educational culture. We aim to educate students who will become a new generation of artists and designers that shape an equitable and sustainable future through their capacity of creating collaborative and transformative practices.
At the moment we are looking for:
In-house Journalist (0,5 fte)
Deadline for applications: September 19, 2021
Team Communication at the Willem de Kooning Academy is looking to hire a dedicated writer or journalist (0,5 fte) to create and execute an inspiring and effective content strategy. In consultation with your team and an academy-wide editorial board, you determine the accents and tone of the external communication. You collect, edit, and write various texts for the website, publications, and social media. Your content strategy suits and reflects the academy’s diverse population and its discourse and will contribute to the further positioning of the Willem de Kooning Academy.
- Contributing to the communication of the academy, by developing a content strategy for WdKA’s external communication channels (www.wdka.nl and social media)
- Chairing a bi-weekly editorial board containing staff and students
- Collecting, editing, and writing of stories and articles by conducting in-depth research on curriculum-related topics and attending relevant meetings
- Publishing stories and articles on the website and social media channels (with the help of student assistants)
- Assisting the marketing team in developing recruitment and other campaigns
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the wdka.nl
- You have a passion for writing for various audiences, ranging from 17-year-old prospective students to academia
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Art History, English, or a related level of education
- You are both a team player and a self-starter
- You are passionate about art and design and the reflection on making practices
- You have excellent English and Dutch writing and editing skills and you are versed in inclusive language
- You have a portfolio containing publications for diverse audiences, in both English and Dutch
- familiar with, or open to learning inclusive use of language on all platforms
- You are proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and CMS ( Wordpress). You have basic skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop etc)
- You have knowledge of online strategy and the latest SEO techniques
- EU/ECC work authorisation
Candidates who belong to historically marginalised groups and who feel they can contribute to our diverse community are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences offers a temporary contract, initially for the duration of the academic year 2021/2022 with the possibility of extension. The salary ranges from € 2.845,48 to € 3.920,50 gross per month (salary scale 9) for a full-time employment, exclusive of additional 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Secondary benefits include professional training opportunities and an attractive pension scheme.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
WdKA likes to invest in motivated and well-trained employees. Training is available to all employees.
You may benefit from Hogeschool Rotterdam discount on your healthcare via Zilveren Kruis/Achmea and participate in a solid pension scheme.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences works with a limited travel reimbursement (maximum of 20 km).
The selection procedure will take place in two phases. A short list of applicants will be drawn based on CV and letter of motivation, followed by interviews in week 39, final round on 30 September.
Please send us your
- Letter of motivation
- Portfolio or website link
Your CV and letter of motivation should be written in English.
Deadline for applications: September 19, 2021
Informal enquiries about the position can be directed to Nienke van Beers (interim team leader Communication) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31(0)648 460 546