General Secretary Practices and Honours Program (0.6 fte)
The Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (WdKA/RUAS), offers a variety of bachelor and master programs in the field of visual culture, art, design, education in arts, and leisure management.
The curriculum of the Willem de Kooning Academy is founded in an interdisciplinary ethos through the Autonomous, Social and Commercial Practices. The Majors are the entry point of study for all Bachelor students; the Practices the interdisciplinary research contexts in the second half of the Bachelor programs; and the highly unique Stations (advanced workshops focused on Research through Making) complete the three pillars of the institute.
What will you be doing?
As a General Administrator of the Practices and Honours Program you help to co-design and run the administrative processes that run these complex educational programs. Working across all Practices and the Honours Programme you act as the coordinating bridge between them and the other administrative bodies of WdKA. You ensure that the processes within the institution are caried out carefully and efficiently. You are connected to other organizational units and understand how each is involved in the overall workflow and alignment of the Practice and Honours Program. With this keen administrative understanding you also communicate and respond to questions from teaching teams, students and their Study Career Coaches (SCC) about the Practices and Honours Program.
- You will be the central point of connection between the Practices, Honours Program, Majors and other departments
- Manage general incoming communication and inquiries from students, tutors and other departments
- Communicate information between the Practices/Honours and administrative units to help facilitate the general running of the educational programs
- Prepare educational documents from internal databases and learning management systems
- Help to initiate, align, execute and monitor administrative processes, workflow, and communication across the Practices and Honours Program
- Write announcements on behalf of the Practices and Honours program (internal and external)
- Organize, in collaboration with the Practice leaders and students, events, open days and other initiatives.
Who are we looking for?
- You excel in complex administration processes and managing projects
- You can quickly familiarize yourself with other systems used in education
- You are focused on hands-on collaboration, can take initiative in a dynamic organization, and show ownership (proactive and result oriented)
- You are collegial and practice clear communication skills both in writing and interactions
- You have the ability to keep a broad overview while also exercising an eye for detail
- Proficient in both English and Dutch speaking, reading, and writing
- You will thrive working with fast paced team and manage multiple overlapping projects and deadlines
- You have a higher education level of thinking, working, coordinating
- You love to work in a dynamic, critical and multi-cultural environment
- You are resilient, like to laugh, and have a flexible work attitude
The team and the workplace
You will work closely with the 4 Practice Leaders and 1 Honours Program Leader in collaboration with colleagues in the administrative units of Lifecycle and Planning.
You will be working at our location on Blaak/Wijnhaven. The location in the middle of the city center and close to the metro- and train stations Blaak. The academy has approximately 2500 students and everything we do revolves around their educational needs and successes.
What we offer you
An employment contract for a year (D4 cao-hbo)
Salary, depending on experience, between € 2.902,39 and € 4.393,81 (scale 10) gross per month
A good work/private balance (45 days off per year with fulltime employment)
8.3% year-end bonus
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences works with a limited travel reimbursement (maximum of 20 km)
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
WdKA likes to invest in motivated and well-trained employees. Working at WdKA means that you can use time and facilities (via unlimited access to our Stations) for professionalization. To further your pedagogical development you will be encouraged to undertake pedagogical courses i.e. BKE (Basis Kwalificatie Examinering) and Competency Assessment Course.
You may avail of a Hogeschool Rotterdam discount on your healthcare via Achmea and participate in a solid pension scheme.
Upload your CV and a brief motivation letter in English, stating your interest in the position. Deadline for applications: March 27th 2022
We warmly welcome applicants from underrepresented, minority, or non-conforming communities in the Willem de Kooning Academy/Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. Our staff is diverse in terms of professional profiles and in terms of culture, gender, and ethnicity.
Enquiries about the position and the selection procedure can be directed to the Practice Leader, Skye Maule-O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.