Do people describe you as good at organising, independent, precise, process oriented, able to take a helicopter view and analytical? Would you like to be supportive to the development of Art and Design Education? Then the following vacancy is definitely for you!
At the moment we are looking for:
General Secretary (0.8-1.0 fte)
What will you be doing?
As a General Secretary you help to initiate and design developmental complex processes with all stakeholders involved, and you ensure that the processes within the institution are caried out carefully and efficiently. You help to connect different parts of the organisation and anticipate what each of them need to contribute. You help to organize workflow and alignment. You connect to all other organizational units and understand how each is involved with the vision and ambitions the institute has.
You will work closely with a team of 5 education managers with 3 different focusses: talent development, research and RASL (Rotterdam Arts and Science Lab).
The following tasks are part of your job description:
- Help to initiate, execute and monitor developmental processes together with management and stakeholders
- Following up on actions, planning meetings, reporting
- Coordinating with other organizational units
- Align workflow of management
What we offer you
An employment contract for a year (D4 cao-hbo)
Salary, depending on experience, between €2.845,- and € 4.307,- (scale 10) gross per month
A good work/private balance (45 days off per year with fulltime employment)
8.3% year-end bonus
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences works with a limited travel reimbursement (maximum of 20 km)
We warmly welcome applicants from underrepresented, minority, or non-conforming communities in the Willem de Kooning Academy/Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. Our staff is diverse in terms of professional profiles and in terms of culture, gender, and ethnicity.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
The team and the workplace
You will be working at our location on Blaak/Wijnhaven. The location in the middle of the city center and close to the metro- and train stations Blaak. The academy has approximately 2500 students and everything we do revolves around their educational needs and successes.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a higher education level of working and thinking
- You are focused on collaboration, show ownership and are open to learning
- You are proficient with administration systems and can quickly familiarize yourself with them
- You have good communication skills both in writing and in interactions
- Excellent in Dutch- and English speaking, reading and writing
- You can take initiative in a dynamic organization
- You are collegial, proactive and hands-on
- You are result oriented, have an eye for detail and are able to keep an overview
Deadline for applications: October 10, 2021
Informal enquiries about the position can be directed to Miriam Bestebreurtje (Educational Manager) email@example.com