For up-to-date information regarding admissions and assessments under COVID-19 measures please consult this page.
If you are interested in taking a Bachelor course in Fine Art or Design at Willem de Kooning Academy, register online before May 1 (EU APPLICATION DEADLINE), 2021, at Studielink and on our website . Both application and the Studielink registration must be completed by May 1, 2021, at the latest.
For the NON-EU students, the registration deadline is March 1st, 2021.
Brexit, British applicants
All new British students applying for the academic year 2021-2022 from outside the Netherlands will be considered a non-EEA student and will have to pay the higher institutional fee.
The entire registration process is done through Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences’ Student Service Center (SSC) and Center of International Affairs (COIA), but for any affairs related to admission and any questions about entry to one of WdKA’s courses, please contact the Academy directly, by phone at +31 10 794 4631, or by email at email@example.com.
Would you like to know more about assembling and presenting your portfolio, please visit our Portfolio Checklist . On this page, you will find information regarding the admission test necessities and portfolio viewing and evaluation criteria.
We ask you to pick two home assignment, as part of the Willem de Kooning Academy’s admission procedure. You can find the list of 7 assignments here for you to choose from.
- Information about exchange programmes can be found under Exchange on this site.
- If you wish to apply for a Master programme, go to Piet Zwart Institute directly.
- If you are a non-EU student and wish to apply for a Holland scholarship, you are asked to send in letter of motivation. Deadline is April 1. Consult additional information on this page. https://www.wdka.nl/admissions/international-applications-ba
- Fine Art & Design Teacher Training and Leisure & Events Management courses are only taught in Dutch. If you want to apply for one of these courses, a good command of the Dutch language is required (NT2, level 2).
- Additional English language requirements (IELTS Academic: 6.0 or TOEFL 80 IBT or CAE) when you apply from abroad
- Participation in events for prospective students from our recruitment team are optional and does not influence the application/admission procedure.
- Please check our Online Open Day for upcoming events for prospective students. For questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org(admission questions only) or email@example.com for general questions regarding the WdKA programmes and upcoming events.
- 21+ admission information (in Dutch)
- 21+ admission information (in English)
After you have applied for admission, you will receive a confirmation of your registration. Our admission committee will need time to assess and evaluate your admission from this point. If accepted, you can start with the remote admission exam.
When the upload deadlines have passed, you will receive the result of your admission within 15 working days by email. If you are a non-EU country resident, we will need to confirm, besides your admission in Art & Design, also your diploma and English language test if it has the correct entrance level for higher education in the Netherlands.
Assessment rounds remote exam - Upload your exam before one of these dates:
|1st||17 January 2021||NON-EU + EU applicants (all programmes)|
|2nd||21 February 2021||NON-EU + EU applicants (all programmes)|
|3rd||28 March 2021||NON-EU + EU applicants (all programmes)|
|4th||25 April 2021||EU applicants (all programmes)|
|5th||6 June 2021||EU applicants (all programmes)|
|6th||11 July 2021||EU applicants (Leisure & Event Management only )|
|7th||15 August 2021||EU applicants (Leisure & Event Management only )|