Our admission procedure assesses whether this specific type of education and a professional career after graduation suits you.
When you choose to do an English stream study programme at Willem de Kooning Academy, you;
- should download an application form;
- should complete the application form (please tick either the box ‘Graphic Design (full-time, English stream)’ or the box ‘Lifestyle & Design (full-time, English stream)’) and send it to the academy – complete with all required documentation (copy of birth certificate and certificate of residence, copy of list of marks, one passport photograph, copy Dutch residence Permit, copy of personal data in passport, copy of diploma giving access to course);
- should come to the academy – after you have been invited to the admission examination/assessment day – with a portfolio containing at least 20 different samples of your work;
- will work on an assignment for the examination and you will discuss your portfolio and the major programme you would like to do with two assessors; apart from this, you will work on a written assessment (TOEFL level 6.0/6.5); NOTE: the complete assessment procedure will be in English;
- will be informed in writing whether you have been admitted to the academy (yes/no) and to the English stream in particular (yes/no, but we would like to offer you a place within our Dutch study route) after a maximum of three weeks.
Once you have been admitted to the academy, you should also officially register at DUO – IB-Groep through www.studielink.nl.
For more information about tuition fees and other financial matters, please contact our student administration (DEKOONINGOffice).
Please apply before May 1!